whats another good breakfast option if you don't like oatmeal
Breakfast should be the biggest meal of your day, lunch medium size and then dinner as your smallest.
When most people think of a healthy breakfast, a small handful of choices (often boring) come to mind. But, it really doesn’t have to be boring at all! There are heaps of easy breakfast ideas that don’t take up half your morning! Just get creative!
- Mixed grain bread with a little almond butter, sliced banana, raisins on top, and a sprinkling of cinnamon; serve with a glass of soy/almond milk.
- High fibre cereal(little to no sugar), topped with mixed nuts, dried fruit, and a glass of calcium fortified soy milk.
- Natural yoghurt mixed with a chopped apple, berries, and whole grain cereal; served with 100% whole orange juice.
- Healthy granola bar, one orange, and a glass of soy/almond milk.
- Whole wheat English muffin, toasted and thinly spread with reduced fat cottage cheese, topped with sliced pineapple; serve with a glass of 100% whole fruit juice.
- Natural yoghurt, topped with mixed berries, a teaspoon of ground flaxseeds, a slice of whole grain toast; and a cup of green tea.
- Swiss muesli - combine 2 cups of rolled oats, and 1 cup low fat milk or fruit juice, cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning add 2 grated apples, 1/4 chopped hazelnuts, and 200g of low fat honey yoghurt, mix well (serves 4).
- Whole wheat English muffin topped with melted reduced fat cheese, a sliced tomato, and a sliced hard-boiled egg; served with a glass of 100% pure fruit juice.
- Scrambled egg, sprinkled with a teaspoon of ground flaxseeds; served with mixed grain bread, fresh fruit salad, and a glass of soy/almond milk.
- Cooked oats topped with raisins, dried cranberries, sliced bananas, and calcium fortified soy milk.
- Brown rice or barley - cook the night before, then in the morning top with some raisins, sliced apple, a sprinkling of cinnamon, and a little soy/almond milk or coffee.
- Whole wheat pita half topped with grilled Canadian bacon, a little reduced fat cottage cheese, tomatoes, and mushrooms; serve with 100% pure fruit juice.
- Fruit smoothie – add strawberries, kiwi, and a banana to the blender, a cup of natural yoghurt, one teaspoon of ground flaxseeds, and a cup of crushed ice.
- Mini wheat cereal, dried fruit, mixed nuts, place in a plastic bag and eat on the way to work with a thermos cup of soy/almond milk.
- Breakfast burrito – scrambled eggs, chopped tomatoes, and a little grated reduced fat cheese, wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla, served with green tea and a slice of fresh ginger.
- Whole grain bread topped with kippers, or smoked salmon, and sliced tomatoes; serve with two small apricots, and a cup of soy/almond milk.
- Homemade granola – mix 2 cups rolled oats, 1 cup of wheat cereal, 1 cup dried fruits and seeds, 1/4 cup of flaked coconut.
- Multi grain English muffin, toasted and spread with peanut butter, topped with sliced apples, and served with a small glass of calcium fortified soy milk.
- Multi grain cereal, topped with raisins, a sliced banana, and low fat milk.
- Healthy “blobs” – mix 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk, 3 cups crushed flake cereal, and 2 tablespoons honey. Form into “blobs” (should make 10). Wrap each blob in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Grab a couple with a travel cup of skim milk and go! (From Nutritionist Alana Unger)
- Whole wheat bagel topped with reduced fat cottage cheese, sprinkled with flaxseed; serve with a small bowl of mixed berries, and a cup of herbal tea.
- Scrambled tofu, with onions, and peppers, a dash of light soy sauce, and stir-fry with a little olive oil. Serve with whole grain toast, and a glass of calcium fortified soy milk.
- Sandwich made with lean ham or turkey, in whole grain bread, topped with sliced tomatoes, and a small glass of reduced fat milk.
- Mini whole grain bagel, topped with almond butter, sliced apples, and a glass of 100% whole orange juice.
- Sliced melon tossed in a bowl with the pulp of one passionfruit, topped with natural yoghurt, and a handful of muesli.
- ohthatgraceohthatbody likes this
- thestandard-issue likes this
- Show more notes